Smoothies. Cereal. Yogurt. You name it.
Granola can be put on basically anything and taste amazing. I absolutely love granola, but it is nearly impossible to find a healthy tasty brand of granola. Unless you make it yourself… Upon reading magazines and watching youtube videos, I learned that making your own granola is quite simple.
Pick your ingredients. Mix ‘em up. Bake. Tada
These are the ingredients I choose for my granola. Any of these dry ingredients can be modified. The wet ingredients can but they are recommended to be a type of oil and a natural sweetener. Again, the dried fruit is anything you want to put in.
Ingredients (eyeball everything):
- Rolled Oats
- Coconut Flakes
- Sliced Almonds
- Coconut Oil
- Chia Seeds
- Dried Fruit
- Cocoa Nibs
- Set oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all dry ingredients- Rolled Oats, Coconut Flakes, Sliced Almonds, Walnuts- in a bowl.
- Add about 2 spoonfuls of Coconut Oil or until everything is coated when mixed, once mixed drizzle Honey and Cinnamon over mixture and mix well.
- Spread onto a foiled and greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
T I P S :
Check frequently after 25 minutes.
The granola will smell absolutely amazing... But if cooked too long, it will start to burn. Take it out as soon as that happens.If your having a lot of trouble... Here is a video of us making the homemade granola.