My mom and I always enjoy making mini quiches at night for an easy, quick, healthy breakfast. Quiches are always a good idea. They can be made the night before and thrown in the fridge to heat up in the morning or made that morning for a egg bite. We like to make them the healthiest yet tastiest we can. It could be as simple as not putting as much cheese in as the recipe calls for. Or using egg whites instead of a whole egg. Here’s our favorite quiche recipe.
-1 Pkg. Thawed Frozen Spinach
-1 Cup Mushrooms
-1 Slice of Turkey Bacon
-2 Large Eggs
-3 Large Egg Whites
-2 Handfuls of Mozzarella
-1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add thinly sliced Mushrooms in a pan with oil, cook until tender or soft.
- Add thawed Spinach and Bacon (torn into small pieces) in the pan. Cook until there is no liquid left.
- Cool slightly.
- While the Spinach mixture is cooling, in a large bowl beat eggs and egg whites, then add cheese and mix well.
- Stir in spinach mixture and pepper.
- Pour evenly (about half way) into a greased 12 count muffin tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
Afterwards, we put all the 12 quiches in a plastic bag and store in the fridge. When you want a delicious egg bite, place them on a microwave plate and throw them in the microwave (2 can go in for 30-45 seconds).
Hope you try out our concoction and enjoy HAHA. Let us know if you did and liked it. Also if your having trouble here’s a recipe video of us making them!
Syd & Bean